Get high school & college credit at the same time!
It shortens the time it takes to attain a college credential by providing college credit that can be applied to a degree at an institution of choice.
Enrolling gives outstanding high school and middle school students a wider range of courses to choose from.
Dual enrollees are exempt from paying tuition and fees. In addition students receive their textbooks at no cost.
Dual enrollment gives pre-college students valuable experience that prepares them for future college success.
Our Elite Dual Enrollment Program allows our students to take at least 2 college courses per semester at Miami Dade College Kendall Campus. The credits that students earn are used toward both high school graduation and toward a College degree or Technical Certificate. Miami Sunset provides transportation to Miami Dade College during the school day. Students do not have any financial obligation; courses and textbooks are paid for by Miami Dade County Public Schools
To be eligible for our ELITE Dual Enrollment program, a student must:
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Score a 3 or above on the FSA ELA or pass the 10th grade FSA/ELA or obtain a concordant score
- Pass or earn a concordant score on the Algebra I EOC
- Have 10 or less excused absences or excused early from school
- Have 5 or less unexcused absences
- Have 5 or less tardies to school
- Pass the appropriate sections of PERT, SAT, ACT or ACCUPLACER
If you are interested in our ELITE Dual Enrollment program, please email Mrs. Cuenca,
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.