Miami Sunset Senior High School Athletics program affords and encourages each student an opportunity to participate at the individual’s level of interest. The major goals of a student’s participation are to attain a caring attitude towards his/her fellow man and to develop habits and ideals attributed to good sportsmanship. Additionally, the development of positive self-esteem and a sense of worth are ongoing pursuits of the MSSH Athletics Department. With over 300 students annually participating in interscholastic athletics, various sports are represented well both at the Varsity and Junior Varsity level. The motto of the Miami Sunset Senior High School Athletic Department is “Dare to Be Great.” Accordingly, students are taught to train hard and pursue excellence both on the field and in the classroom.
Meet our Team
|Moises Rivera||Athletic Directoremail@example.com|
|Deborah Fries-Furton||Business Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nicholas Cesarano||Assistant Athletic Directoremail@example.com|
|Elena Salgado||Head Athletic Trainerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Erin Cernuda||Assistant Athletic Traineremail@example.com|
A student who participates in interscholastic competition should demonstrate high standards of ethics and promote the development of good character and other life skills. A model student participant should exhibit a high degree of decorum demonstrating respect for self, family, and all people regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, gender, or physical condition. As representatives of Miami-Dade County Public Schools, student participants make a commitment to adhere to core values and team rules.
In order for a student to be eligible to participate in any extra-curricular activity they must have/present the following information:
- Have a minimum cumulative (GPA) Grade Point Average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for all subjects.
- A current notarized physical examination must be on MDCPS form. A link for the MDCPS approved form is provided below.
- Purchase interscholastic and/or football insurance. Fees are sports specific. Contact the Head Coach of the sport in question for more information.
- An original valid Birth Certificate or Passport
- Students have four consecutive years of eligibility from the date they first enroll in the 9th grade.
- Students must have a 2.0 average in conduct in all subjects during the preceding semester.
- Students must also adhere to the MDCPS Student Participation contract regarding Academics, Conduct, and Attendance.